Sunday, March 14, 2010

'Alice in Wonderland' holds top spot at box office


Tim Burton's 'Alice in Wonderland' holds the top spot at the box office for the second week in a row. In 10 days, it has made $208 million. This movie breaks Burton's previous personal best, 2005's 'Charlie and the Chocolate Factory', which also starred Johnny Depp. 13% of that $208 million came from I-MAX 3-D screens. It made $62 million this week. 'Green Zone', starring Matt Damon, took the second spot taking in $14.5 million. 'She's Out of My League' took the 3rd spot, raking in $9.6 million on its opener.

Personally, I think that 'Alice in Wonderland' looks creepy. Johnny Depp just looks like a scary guy in the pictures and trailer of this film. Also, I'm surprised that 'Alice in Wonderland' more than quadrupled 'Green Zone' in its second week. I loved the Bourne Trilogy so I kind of want to see 'Green Zone' because it is directed by the same guy. But congrats to Tim Burton and his 'Alice in Wonderland'.

www.cnn.com

No comments:

Post a Comment